Protecting your privacy
- Akagumo does not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- Akagumo does not send unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- Forums use basic webserver authentication. Close your browser to log out.
- Akagumo does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 18. If Akagumo learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 18, Akagumo will remove that post.
- Akagumo, or people who post on Akagumo, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
Data we collect
- We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, etc.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post in forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on Akagumo's forums or blogs that you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, browser type and language, and the date and time. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Akagumo site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
Data we store
- All blogs and forum postings are stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Archiving and display of Akagumo postings by search engines and other sites
- Search engines and other sites not affiliated with Akagumo - including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com - archive or otherwise make available Akagumo postings.
Circumstances in which Akagumo may release information
- Akagumo may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- Akagumo may also disclose information about its users to law enforcement officers or others, in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: enforce our Terms of Service; respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Akagumo, its users or the general public.
- By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of Akagumo, we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
- We welcome your feedback on this document in our feedback page at https://akagumo.com/enfeedback